Saturday, June 26, 2010

Writing the Next Line Recap part 2

Here is the rest of Writing the Next Line. Like I said, you guys did awesome. To catch the first half go here.

The Dead Sea by Alesa Warcan, Piedmont Writer, Matthew Rush,Amie McCracken, Erica Mitchell-Spickard, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Tahereh, Shannon O'Donnell, Talli Roland, Carolina Valdez Miller, and Jen.





Before he could reach me, the coffer pulled me over the edge of the boat and into the water.


I tried to scream and failed.

The black cold of the waves engulfed me, silencing my screams, but not the stark terror ringing in my ears.

The salty sea water burned as it smacked into my open mouth. I tried to cough but the liquid caught in my throat.

I felt my consciousness slipping... My last memory was of Seth suddenly saving me by spearing the creature with a boat hook. When I awoke, my eyes stung, and my throat ached... I cracked open an eye to spy Seth discussing fluently with what seemed to be three 15th century Spanish pirates.

I tried to sit up, but a wave of nausea forced me back down. There was nothing to do but wait for it to pass, so I pressed my cheek to the cold, wet...ground? What. Just. Happened? And why am I...naked?

The boat had been pulled up to shore, seth and the pirates still looked like they were in a heated discussion and after a few moments of trying to gather my thoughts on what had happened I saw one of the three pirates with my clothes in their hands.
Outraged I wanted to stomp my way over and rip them from his grip but seeing as I was in fact naked the urge had dwindled and I quickly tried to sort out a plan.

Great job guys!! On Monday I will post my first Author interview--Michelle Gregory. Have a great weekend!