Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Insecure Writer's Support Group--the pay off.

It's that time again. I swear this past month flew by. Thanks again to the amazing Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this awesome group. Go check out the other participants after you read my post of course.

Well, I'm almost done line edits. Torture is the word for it, but it's part of the process. Take the good with the bad type thing. It's funny how your learn things. I still feel like I struggle with this part of the process, but I've been told that my hard work is paying off. Good to hear. It's like watching your kids grow up. You don't see a whole lot of change until you look back to pictures from when they were babies. And when you get someone who doesn't see them often, they marvel at the little buggers growth. Yeah, that's what's going on.

My point is--keep going, keep writing, keep pushing yourself. It pays off. It may not be all at once--the whole sha-bang. It can come in little treats. Think of it as small doses of the best chocolate. So savor it, it means you're getting closer and growing. There will be sections where the chocolate is out of reach, but when you keep going it will fall into your lap.

So what's your insecurity today?

Don't forget to check out the other fine folks.

Have a great day!!