The holidays are upon us, well, they have been upon us since September, but now it's crunch time. Here are some things that I have spotted for someone you may know, ya know, someone who is in the writing world. Let's face it, we are a different breed of human.
So, need a gift idea for a writer. Here are some ideas and things that I've seen that might suit your needs.
1. T-shirt. I find this one fantastic. Here's the link to purchase.
2. Books on the craft. Writers are always learning. Save the Cat by Blake Snyder is the book everyone talks about.
3. If you know a writer with small children, maybe offer a time to watch their kids so they can write.
4. Of course, gift cards to a bookstore are always accepted.
5. Know of a writing course a writer person might be interested in? A favorite place they like to go and learn? On the web or local. Gift card, people. If you are local to the Philly area, Musehouse Center for the Literary Arts provides writing courses. Online, check out Marie Lawson's Writing Academy.
6. I just listened in on a wonderful webinar by K.M. Walton on Writing for Children Live. You can purchase gift card and past webinars. Check it out here.
7. Bookmarks. A writer always likes to make a statement when reading.
8. Journals. A writer likes to make a statement while jotting down the best idea ever.
9. Cool mugs that can hold that caffeinated beverage the writer so desperately needs when they are up at 3 a.m. listening to their characters. Want this on your mug. Go to Zazzle to purchase.
10. Chocolate. Best Chocolate in America is from West Chester. Eclat Chocolate, and yes, it's to die for.
Well, there you have it.
Do you have any ideas for writer gifts?
Today, my first page is on Dianne Salerni's and Marcy Hatch's blogs. They both are wonderful and nice. I will admit, I'm scared, so go and give me your thoughts.
Have a great day!