Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love what you do.

Well, the posts and commenting are random this week. Sorry. Apparently, I'm not super woman. Who knew. This week, and most likely next week are devoted to catching up on CP stuff and my stuff. I'm on a roll, so I need to keep going with it.

I got to meet up with Kate and Kelly the other night. So much fun and so nice to hear encouraging words and stories. Serious inspiration. Thanks Kate. One thing that was discussed--  love what you write. This is sometimes hard, especially when I get feedback that's not so nice. Me being a natural pessimist always sees the negative, but I'm getting it. Sure, I'll say my stuff is crap, it probably is, but I like it or I wouldn't be writing it. I get so immersed in my story sometimes, I don't want to leave it. I want to make it the best it can be, learning the craft, twisting my words till I see double. Yes, I've got a little burn in my gut called determination. Never had it this bad before with others things I've done, but it's there and it's not quitting. I'm also at the point of --write it, loosely follow the rules, and get it done. Yes, days of serious doubt are ahead, but I need days of 'yes I can and it's good.' Let's get in the mode of the latter.

I think if you love it, it will show through. Your work will shine. In fact, you have to love it. If not, then why write it.

Any thoughts or inspiration?

Have a great day!