Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun Facts Friday

So I'm still sort of M.I.A. I'm sorry about missing the first crusader challenge. When I get on a roll, I must go with it. So the post I have today is very random. Really just some fun facts, if you will.

1. After the inspirational post on Wednesday, I did fall back a little. I'm writing scifi, and the book The Host by Stephanie Meyer is going to be made into a movie. I haven't read the book (I want to, I'm just scared it may be one of those that my WiP will be compared too.) Let me know if you've read it. I'm curious. I'll read it, but I'm waiting till I'm finished writing my story. According to the blurb, my story and The Host are not similar, but you know how it goes.

2. Peanut butter M & M's sparked my new roll. I need to do some extra work on the treadmill. Bleh to exercise, but it's necessary. Especially if these lovely hard shelled candies spark my writing.

3. I feel bad because I missed the First Crusader challenge. Sorry. **holds head down in shame**

4. I plan to start up Writing the Next Line next month.

5. I also plan to start a grammar post. This is not my strong point, so I thought I would post on some grammar topics.

6. My son needs glasses. He has a wandering eye. I asked the doctor, "How do you get him to wear them?" The doc didn't have a concrete answer. Should be interesting.

7. New idea number 4 is showing itself. Yes, my mind's about to explode.

8. I have 50 pages left to complete the first round of revisions on WiP #1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. After this round is complete, I'm putting it away for a while, and writing something new. So excited.

9. Check out Laurel's Leaves for an interesting post on apostrophe abuse.

10. Hi new blogger buddies and crusaders.

11. Oh and this comes out on 3/1/11 (see photo below.) Check out the details here. Yeah, I plan to get my pink hair at some point. It's gonna rock.

Any weekend plans?

See, totally random.

Have a great weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Christine *waves* I feel bad that I've been so distant... life gets so crazy yes?!

    Liar Society is AWESOME I love sporting my new pink hair, it's like a new found me!!!!

    I'm sure no one is upset about the Crusader mishap, those things happen!!

    Candy coated goodness sparking writing, NEVER!!! Of course that happens, hehe, it happens all the time to me!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the glasses, tell your son he'll be the smartest kid in the world when he wears them. Superman wore them and he was way cool.

    Yay for all your work getting done.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock out those last 50 pages. You can do it! When I had to get glasses (ugh) I was told that they had magic powers and I could see things other people couldn't. I would smile and tell my mom, "Tree's have 3 billion...no gagillion leaves and you can't see them. Neener. Neener."
    It worked, but I was sorely dissapointed when I found out that they could also see the 3 billion leaves. But I still like to pretend glasses improve my magic vision ;)
    Weekend plans include writing, doodling and playing some frisbee golf. Yay :D
    Have a fantastic weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love random facts. Don't worry about the challenge. I've forgotten stuff like that before.

    I do have The Host. Haven't read it yet; yeah, that's no help to you. lol

    And The Liar Society...I can't wait for that to be released. The girls are so excited. I'm thrilled for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read the Host, yet. But I hope your revisions go well and your story is appreciated without be compared to Meyer's novel.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am finally leaving the frozen tundra of the north for the blue, sunny skies of Florida.... YAY!

    Tomorrow around 7am I will load my car and travel the snowy roads of Chicago into Indiana. Let's hope the highways are clear and ice free. I hope to make it just south of Atlanta. Crash for the rest of the night and start again Early Sunday morning. IF all goes well I will be in Orlando by 3:00.

    Then I'll check into the hotel and crash by the pool for a few hours of warmth and vitamin D.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to Liar Society. Sounds like the kind of book I love! And that's great - only 50 pages left. you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Host, way better than Twilight. It still has the problems everyone rags Meyers for (passive voice and such), but the story line is totally my style. I've reread it several times, but be aware that I usually skip the first 100 pages or so. It really starts when they reach the caves. That's all I'll say--so get through the slow start and you'll be fine.

    Congratulations on getting close to the end of revisions, doesn't it feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you mean strabismus? Both of my son's had that. Both had surgery. The youngest had three because his was an extreme case. None wear classes.

    Good luck with the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son will look adorable in glasses! All little kids do! Oh and I never email you back about The Host. Yes, I did read it...awhile ago. Do not worry about anything!!! Your story is TOTALLY different. Trust me. It was okay- I liked her Twilight Series better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read the Host and I highly recommend it. You know how our ideas can sound like someone else's but we all write differently? It might actually put your brain in the right place to write your sci-fi. Just a thought. That's my favorite kind of research :)

    I love love love Peanut Butter M&M's! Eat more for me :)

    About the glasses, my friend's daughter has a wandering eye as well. I don't know how old your son is, but you just have to be persistent and consistent. Good luck and have fun finishing the rest of your revisions! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed the first crusader's challenge too, but I vow to be a part of the next one! I'm so psyched for LIAR SOCIETY to come out...Lisa and Laura are in my Cleveland book club and we've all been waiting for this date for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for the Liar Society!

    And peanut butter M&M's are to die for!!!

    Also, you are so close to finishing revisions!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina - fellow crusader finally stopping by to say hi and follow.

    I have 2 wandering eyes (as if one isn't bad enough..., although in my case one eye is definitely stronger than the other) and my eye doctor tried to make me wear an eye patch when I was little. My mother tried everything - a flesh colored one so people wouldn't notice (yeah, right), a black one so I could pretend I was a pirate, bribery, punishment... but I was bad and refused to wear it. I can't give you advice on how to make your son wear his glasses, but I can tell you that now that I'm grown up, I wish I'd followed my eye doctor's advice...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops - so sorry Christine - i mistyped your name of all things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine, crusader here. Just dropping in to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm... Google just ate my comment. It must've looked like a peanut M&M... :D

    Anyway, good luck on your new WIP! I did read the Host and liked it--the love story part, at least. It was a bit long at times, but I think you'll enjoy it~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I stopped by to follow you. Just a fly-by hello on my crusading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved The Host - but it took forever to get into it.

    I gave you an award on my blog, fellow group-ten-ner!

    http://alisonmiller20.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-and-contests-and-conferences-oh.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need some extra sessions on the treadmill after the Mrs. Fields Valentine's Day chocolates!

    ReplyDelete