Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Love this time of year

It's fall and I love it. I don't love the damp rain we are having right now, but I might over look that. It's a great time to get your brain working too. What do I mean? Look outside. Have the colors changed? (This doesn't apply to all locations, but you can do the same thing.) So, this is my writing exercise. As you know, I love trying to come  up with ways to describe things. Look outside again. Describe what you see. It could look like this. . .
 
Come up with as many words as you can to describe it.
 
Here's another one. . .
 
Is your brain starting to get warm?
 
Now, once you have a bunch of words, take it a step further. What do I mean? Let your mind go and starting asking 'what if' questions to develop a short story about each. You'd be surprised how far this could go. It's a great way to get your brain moving and thinking a different way. It's also a great way to get out of a rut.
 
Do you have any exercises to share?
 
Have a great day!!