Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Mumbles

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy, busy. I feel like summer has taken on a different kind of busy and that's entertaining kids on a constant basis. I hope all you dad's had a relaxing day yesterday.

1. Thank you to Elana Johnson for her awesome post on Friday. Check it out here. Also, don't forget to get on over to her blog for lots of fun stuff and pick up her new release, SURRENDER.

2. So, my progress is slow on everything. I did get past the 15k word mark last week, so it's getting there.

3. Querying is querying. I don't even need to explain it, but I'm holding my head high and trying not to let it get the best of me. I know where I want to be, and one day I'll get there. I have to keep moving forward. I'm revising my query again and have cut the first two chapters of my MS. I'm also rearranging things in the first half of my MS.

4. I can't wait to finish all of the stuff above to be able to work on a finished manuscript that is waiting. It keeps taunting me. It's that middle child looking for attention.

5. Here's a great post about those of us who may be losing confidence. Letter to a writer who is losing confidence by Roz Morris.

6. Another post I thought was interesting. My Life Would Be Easier If I Gave Up Writing by Natasha Hanova

7. I've been brushing up on my grammar. This book is simply the best, and one I've read from cover to cover (you know I'm not a self-help book gal). IT WAS THE BEST OF SENTENCES, IT WAS THE WORST OF SENTENCES by June Casagrande



8. Here is another post I found inspiring from Querytracker. Never, Never Give Up Writing and Winston Churchill by Danyelle Leafty

9. I will be responding to your comments soon. I'm getting there. :)

How was your weekend?

Any vacation plans?

Writing goals?

Have a great day!