Thursday, April 28, 2011

Writing the Next Line

So, I'm going to M. I. A. for about a week. Hubs is off so family time. I decided to bring Writing the Next Line back. This will be up for about a week. I will put it all together when I return. Here is the one of the past Writing the Next Line sessions. Click here. It's funny. One of the last sessions, which I made a blogfest, turned into a story for me.

The rules: In your comment you must continue the story, so whoever is first to comment must continue from where I left off, and the next person to comment must pick up from where the last comment left off, and so on. Please keep each comment 1-2 lines, but come back as often as you like. This post will be up for a week so keep the story going. When I return, I will put the whole thing together and post it. Should be fun! The story starts below:




My heart thumped in my chest and sweat stung my eyes. Footsteps pounded the pavement above, scrambling. I gasped for air. They couldn't find me. If they did, I would be dead. I not a thief, I'm saving someone. Someone I love. I lifted the lid to the sachel, the orb glowed red. It would save him, I know it would.


"Over here." A voice yelled from above. I flung the bag over my shoulder and inched into the long, brick tunnel, dragging my fingers over the gritty brick.  The two pillars came into view. I ran my finger along a grout joint till it bumped. After pushing it in, the hidden door opened. I pulled it open and stepped in. It slammed shut, grazing the side of my foot. I turned around.


Crystal blue eyes, high cheek bones, and tempting lips stopped me, leaving a slight tingle. "Aria Ray. You need to come with me." The red hat completely sizzled the fire that enflamed my lower belly. "You're under arrest."

Now it's your turn. I have a little outline to this one already, but it will interesting to see what you guys come up with. I think that's the shortest Writing the Next Line I've come up with. Please excuse any tense issues. Have a great week!