Friday, November 5, 2010

Fun Facts Friday

I have a couple of contests:
The lovely Jessica Bell has reached 400 followers and she is having an awesome contest. Go check it out Ends December 2nd.

The fab Kimberly Franklin is giving away a signed copy of The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney. Ends December 1st.

1. My week did start out slow. I get scared when that happens because I'm afraid I've lost all creativity and it will not return. A common daymare of mine (instead of a nightmare). I think about it a lot and it scares me.

2. My daughter thinks Smarties (a hard candy) make you smarter if you eat them everyday. It really is her just using manipulating skills.
3. On the other hand, my son keeps mentioning a wheel store. I finally figured it out. A chain here, known as Target, their logo is a bullseye and apparently makes him think of a wheel. Boys only have cars on the brain.

4. To make my week better, I looked back at how much I have revised on WiP #1 since August-- 35,000 words. I did feel a little better. It shows me how far I've come in a year and a half. Trust me, it's much better than it was when I started. I know these 35,000 words will have to be revised again before line edits, but I'm heading in the right direction.
5. It made me feel so good that I wrote 2,000 words yesterday (a new chapter) and revised 1,000 more.

6. I plan to do Writing the Next Line on November 24th. Mark your calenders.

7. Tune in next Thursday November 11th. I'll be reviewing Perilous by Tamara Hart Heitner.

8. Even when you feel alone on this journey, you're not. Blogging buddies and CPs will always pick you up and make you feel awesome. Thanks guys.

9. I need to catch up on 30 Rock. I love DVR.

10. The worst chore for me is ironing. I really, really dislike it. I hold out as long as I can. Which is bad because the pile is huge.

11. Kids really do love boxes that the toys come in. They also tend to love catalogs. My kids have Lego catalogs from the Lego store in Munich. They continue to look through  them even though pages are missing and the edges are torn. We got them back in July. Why I think buying toys is silly.

Not much went on folks. How was your week? Any weekend plans?

Have a great weekend!!