Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Writing the Next Line


Welcome to Writing the Next Line.  If you like it maybe we'll do this once a month. This is not a new activity by any means so I can't take credit for it.  The Rules: In your comment you must continue the story so whoever is first must continue from where I left off and the next person to comment must pick up from where the last comment left off and so on.  Please keep each comment 1-2 lines but come back as often as you like. This post will be up for a couple of days so keep the story going.  When I return I will put the whole thing together and post it. Should be fun! The story starts below:


I continued scrubbing the dried ice cream from the table top as the door chimed.

Don't these people know we are closing.  I have homework to do. Gary, will take care of it.

I tried to make it look like I was busy as I eavesdropped. The customer's voice was low so it was hard to make out what he was saying. 

"Claire, this man wants to speak to you," Gary yelled from across the room.

Me? What did this guy want from me?

His tall, slender frame slowly made its way over to me.

 "Can I help you?" I asked.

He held out his hand and inbetween his fingers was a photo. "Do you know where this person is?"

There you have it. If you don't like it well I don't know what to tell you. I would love for everyone to participate so have fun. This will be up for a couple of days because my son is having surgery tomorrow so I should be able to check up on this over the weekend.

Check out The Beta Club tomorrow (4/15).  I think some of my first chapter will be up for open critique *cringing, holding my breath.* Please note: this is an older version of my first chapter-- go easy on me.  Your feedback is always helpful so let me know what you think.  I hope to read it all your wonderful comments over the weekend.

I also wanted to give a big, big, big thank you to all of you who commented yesterday.  We all have bad days and your comments made me smile and feel better.  I promise to stop whining and get to work.

Have a great weekend! Don't forget about me. :)