Friday, December 19, 2014

Finally finding calm

Whoops. It's been a few weeks but I have good reason. Life took over again, plus let's face it, holiday madness. Anyway, this time of year I tend to reflect and regroup. I over think a lot. My mind, as you know, doesn't stop. For once in this writer journey, I'm at ease. I can't really describe it. I feel like I've found my place and am set to move forward. Part of it may be that my skin has become quite thick (rejection tends to roll off), but I also am ready to challenge myself even more to grow. I'm not in a hurry and I'm not seeking validation, I'm just being. I'm proud how far I've come and am eager to move forward, but in a way that's real. It sounds strange, I know. It's like new wisdom is seeping into me, calming me down and allowing me to open and think about things in a whole new way. Not only in my writing but in everything I do.

It's like I've opened my eyes and realized that where I am is exactly where I'm supposed to be. Weird, I know. The bumps in life are there because we have to learn, grow and gain that experience. Maybe because I'm getting older. I don't know. I also have been watching Sonic Highways on HBO. It's all about the Foo Fighters and making their new album, but Dave Grohl's wisdom is what I've been taking from it. How he's looking at his past and other's and talking about how they came to be. What they went through and how they now realize why. It's interesting.

It's a crazy little thing . . . life. Learning how to not only deal with yourself but with others. What's proper, what isn't, and all along we hope to learn from it and grow, not go backwards.

So that's where I'm at. A peaceful part. A part where I'm working towards something without all that anxiety and competition. I'm not letting doubt eat at me. I'm doing it for me.

Have you found the peace in your journey?

I may be gone again for another couple of weeks, depending on the life part.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a fantastic new year! Eat lots of cookies!!