Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy holidays!

Holy cow, I'm a bad blogger, but I've gotten a lot of writing done. I'm about 1/2 through my first draft of a new project and am in love with it. So we will see on that.
One thing I try to keep in mind this time of year is to live life a little. It gets hard when I get caught up in my manuscripts. All the other worlds that I create and characters that I breathe life into, it takes a lot of my energy and attention, but I have to stop sometimes and live reality. I know I've posted about this before, but it is something you have to do or you'll miss little things that matter.

There are times during this season that I get frustrated because I don't get my word count in or I can't think a continuous thought. It can make one grit their teeth and cringe, but these magical moments will be gone one day. Yes, my patience is being tried on all levels in real life and in writing life, it happens, I'm human. But I'm soaking it all in. I will finish this draft, I know I will. I'll revise and hopefully query it one day, but I also have to experience those moments so they can live in my memory too.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!!

See you next year!!

Eat some cookies! Nom nom nom!!

10 comments:

  1. That's right - in the end, it's the moments in real life with family and friends that we will cherish most.
    Have a wonderful Christmas, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the feeling. I feel stuck with outlining right now, but I guess you just have to sit back, have some hot chocolate, enjoy family and the holidays and get back to writing when it's all done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that same feeling a lot -- resenting the events that pull me away from my writing time. I am working on "snapping out of it" while still meeting the very real deadline of turning in a revised manuscript by 12/23.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky I don't have anyone pulling me away from my work but it might be healthier if I did...So glad you're loving your story, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas cookies for me? Yay! Don't mind if I do. Best part about virtual cookies? No calories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the cookies. Wishing you a happy new year.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand the feeling. Have a great new year.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want homemade cookies now... good luck with that draft and finding the balance between life and your worlds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even f you have posted about this before, I'm glad you're saying it again. It's a difficult struggle, so hearing other writers talk about it reminds me I'm not alone in dealing with it :) So thank you for bringing it up. And yes, you're right. It's important not to let the writing world dominate over the real world. Like Alex said, its the moments with family and friends that stick with us. I hope you had a great season. Happy New Year =-)

    www.anythingimagined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete