Whoa two posts in one day. Nothing like starting the year off busy, but I like it like that--busy. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this wonderful outlet for writers. I can't thank him enough. Also, go check out the participants here.
With that being said, here are some inspiring thoughts for 2013.
1. I know I've said it before and I'll say it again--writing is hard. You know this, but you wouldn't be doing it unless you loved it. So write. Put all the distraction aside to write, learn, and grow.
2.Make new friends while cherishing the old ones, but remember to focus on you too.
3. Life can get in the way and that's okay.
4. No paths are ever the same.
5. Be flexible and true to yourself.
6. Make goals, but as a wise gal told me--"Don't let the goal overshadow where you are." This is so true and it was a total wake up call for me. Making goals is fine. The problem is when you let them alter your focus. They can distract you and totally screw up your whole rhythm. Trust me, it equals to totally suck. So be happy where you are and continue to grow to reach that goal.
7. Breathe. Don't forget to stop and breathe. Live life and enjoy it.
8. After I wrote this post, I read this post by Beth Revis, which sums it up. Simply awesome.
So, you can do it. Just keep reminding yourself of that.
Here's to 2013! Cheers. *holds up glass*
Stick around for my other post today.
Have a great day!